BRUNSWICK AND GLYNN COUNTY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
MINUTES – July 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM
Chamber Large Board Room
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT
RYAN MOORE, STAFF
VANESSA WAGNER, STAFF
JOAN HEARN, STAFF
SHERRI PRUITT, STAFF
REES SUMERFORD, COUNSEL
ALAN OURS, COUNTY
ROB BURR, GCAC
TERRA WINSLETT, GCAC
CHRISTY JORDAN, SGHS
BILL BRUNSON, COUNTY COMMISSIONER
JULIE MARTIN, CITY COMMISSIONER
ALAN OURS, GLYNN COUNTY
PETE SNELL, COASTAL PINE
WILLIAM MOUNTS, CCGA
JOHNNY EVANS, CCGA
ZEREK SAMPLES, CCGA
RICK TOWNSEND, GICCA
JOE DEPENHART, GICCA
STEVE FENLON, UNITED COMMUNITY BANK
SANDI CHANNELL, FREDERICA ACADEMY
RALPH STAFFINS, CHAMBER
MONICA SMITH, SLEAT
PAM SHIERLING, THE ISLANDER
GORDON JACKSON, BRUNSWICK NEWS
I. CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Wayne Johnson called the meeting to order at 9:00am.
Bill Austin gave invocation.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & WELCOME GUESTS
Chairman Wayne Johnson welcomed guests.
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT
Chairman Wayne Johnson invited public comments from the guests.
V. ACCEPT AGENDA
A MOTION was made by Jones Hooks, seconded by Bill Austin and passed unanimously to accept the agenda as presented. The MOTION carried unanimously: 4-0
VI. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
A MOTION was made by Jack Kilgore and seconded by Jones Hooks to approve the June 4, 2019 Meeting Minutes as presented. The MOTION carried unanimously: 4-0.
VII. CHAIRMAN ITEMS
No items to discuss.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
• Consideration of the Adoption of an Inducement Resolution Regarding the Issuance of Revenue Bonds for the Benefit of Frederica Academy, Inc.
A MOTION was made by Jones Hooks and seconded by Jack Kilgore to approve the adoption of an inducement resolution regarding the issuance of revenue bonds for the benefit of Frederica Academy, Inc. and subject to change of titles as presented. The MOTION carried unanimously: 4-0
• Glynn County Airport Commission Audit Committee Member Selection for the Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority for FY19-20
A MOTION was made by Jack Kilgore and seconded by Jones Hooks to approve Wayne Johnson and Bill Austin to serve on the GCAC Audit Committee for FY19-20 as presented. The MOTION carried unanimously: 4-0
IX. FINANCIALS – Joan Hearn
• Approve May Financials – Joan Hearn
A MOTION was made by Jones Hooks and seconded by Bill Austin to approve the financials as presented. The MOTION carried unanimously: 4-0.
PRESIDENT’S INFORMATION ITEMS:
New Business Attraction
Downtown Working Group
• Ryan Moore reported that the downtown working group has met several times now with the Coastal Foundation heading it up. There is a lot of activity and investments currently in downtown with more to come.
New Business Attraction
• Ryan Moore reported that there are ten active projects with three new projects to date. Two RLF applications have been submitted this month.
• Ryan Moore reported that Vanessa Wagner and Sherri Pruitt attended the SBA Roadshow. Vanessa Wagner participated in the three-person panel with approximately 30 small businesses in attendance.
Business Retention and Expansion
• Ryan Moore reported that the Authority continues to work on two expansions. The Authority is putting together a Share-The-Future plan with more to come.
Dr. William Mounts and Provost Dr. Johnny Evans–Update on College of Coastal Georgia
• Dr. Mount’s and Dr. Evans gave updates on CCGA noting that in continues to grow. An expanded library and several new hires have been added. A program in Workforce Development for Industry Groups for Leadership and Management was added to the roster as well. A capital plan has been put forth to the State with more to come. Handouts were distributed to the group.
Dr. Pete Snell-Update on Coastal Pines Technical College
• Dr. Snell gave updates on CPTC noting a Commercial Fishing dual enrollment program has been added to McIntosh County. Industrial Maintenance programs are also available at CPTC and Aviation and Hospitality will be available in the Spring of 2020. Handouts were distributed to the group.
Rick Townsend-Update on Golden Isles College and Career Academy
• Rick Townsend gave updates on GICCA and introduced Dr. Joe Depenhart as the new High School Principal. Two additional teachers were hired for the expanding Work Base Learning Programs that is now up to 150 students. GICCA is in the final stages of completing the Container homes for Vets.
• Vanessa Wagner gave a Power Point Presentation on where we are as an organization and where we’re heading.
Update on Property Development
• Ryan Moore reported that Northgate and Eastgate wetland surveys are in process. More to come.
Rental Karz LLC (Hertz) Office Sublease Request-Brunswick Golden Isles Airport
A MOTION was made by Bill Austin and seconded by Jack Kilgore to approve the Rental Karz LLC (Hertz) office sublease request as presented. The MOTION carried unanimously: 4-0.
XII. IMPORTANT DATES
• Development Authority Board Meeting – August 6th, Large Board Room, Tuesday at 9am
A MOTION to adjourn was made by Jack Kilgore and seconded by Jones Hooks. The MOTION carried unanimously: 4-0. The meeting adjourned at 10:15am.
Chairman Wayne Johnson
Existing Industry Coordinator/ Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority
Attachments may be viewed on our website or in the Minutes Book at the Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority office at 1505 Richmond Street, Brunswick, Ga 31520.