The workforce of Glynn County is a diverse mix of college graduates, military personnel, and graduates of technical training schools.
Golden Isles Development and Training
The Golden Isles has the right mix to support all functions of your organization’s growth. A community-wide strategy for talent development was adopted in March of 2021. Updates and the opportunity to volunteer on implementation can be found at https://keepglynnrunning.com/growglynnsworkforce/.
Below is a sample of the programs working for businesses located in the Golden Isles.
Coastal Pines Technical College
- 40 programs of study including Computer Information Systems, Business Technology, Welding and Joining Technology, and Engineering Technology
- #1 Top Technical College by James Magazine
- 98.2% graduate placement rate
- Various Award Levels include Associates of Applied Science, Diploma and Technical Certificates
- Participates with Hope Grant and Scholarships
- Apprenticeship Program with grants available
- Dual-enrollment with local high schools
Golden Isles Career Academy
- 17 distinctive career curriculums including Business Education, Manufacturing/Engineering, and Precision Machining
- The “2019 College and Career Academy of the Year” by Lt. Gov Casey Cagle
- 123,000 SQ facility of labs, classroom and conference space for applied learning supports more 1,000 students
- Dual Enrollment and Career Pathways Programs through partnership with local high schools
- Bi-annual career fairs for local businesses
The College of Coastal Georgia
- 20 bachelors degrees, 4 career associate degrees and 2 general associate programs
- 3 degree awarding schools: Arts & Science, Business & Public Management, and Nursing & Health Science
- 8 athletic programs
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College
Keep Glynn Running
- Helping students, families, and educators discover exciting career opportunities in manufacturing.
- Sponsored by major manufacturers across Glynn County, including King & Prince Seafood, Rich Products Corporation and Pinova Solutions.
Georgia’s Quick Start
- Customized workforce training free-of-charge to qualified businesses in Georgia
- Quick Start delivers training in classrooms, mobile labs or directly on the plant floor, wherever it works best for a company.
- Pre-employment assessment and training that helps companies “select the best,” to customized, job-specific training that delivers exactly the right skills your business needs
- Over 40 years of experience in Georgia